I think what you bring to your kids is this empowerment, this confidence.
Empowering Dyslexic Students
to become more confident, to self-advocate and to reach their academic potentials…
- Dyslexic students are unique learners who require unique methods to master the reading, writing and comprehension skills necessary to succeed in a typical classroom. While their intelligence levels are typically average to above average, these students find traditional reading and spelling methods frustrating and difficult. As a result, many dyslexic students spend hour after hour, day after day, feeling inadequate and exasperated. They quickly lose motivation and confidence. It doesn’t have to be this way!
- At Logical Letters, we use a unique method that quickly proves to the child that he/she is a competent learner. Reading, comprehension and spelling skills soon improve significantly, empowering the dyslexic individual to maximize his/her potential.
- We help children to understand their dyslexia, creating a true sense of pride that is most empowering.
- We encourage older students to advocate for themselves to ensure that they receive the academic accommodations suggested in their psycho- educational evaluations.
to understand and support their dyslexic children...
- We help parents to understand the true nature of dyslexia. There are many myths surrounding this diagnosis. Frequently, when the child is tested and parents are told that their child is dyslexic, the parent leaves the psychologist’s office with a diagnosis, but with concerns about what this will mean for their child.
- We provide accurate information, reducing the parents’ frustration, anxiety and fears that result from common misinformation.
- We offer parents both casual information sessions and organized workshops, as well as ongoing feedback about their child’s progress. This leads to a deeper understanding of what their children are coping with.
- We empower parents to advocate for classroom accommodations that support the learning of their young dyslexic children.
- We provide parents with guidance and techniques to use at home to support their child’s learning.
They make the kids feel special.
to recognize the signs and symptoms of dyslexia and to nurture their dyslexic students...
- We offer information sessions and workshops.
- We encourage communication, knowing that the teacher is a crucial member of the team.
- We offer guidance for teachers regarding approaches and accommodations.
- We provide resources, including professional literature, to further the understanding of dyslexia.