It just opened up her whole world. She became an engaged person who loved to learn, who wanted to learn, who wasn’t afraid of learning.
The Logical Letters dyslexia specialists are a professional learning community working with one another, as well as with outside learning specialists, to continually sharpen their understanding of dyslexia, language and curriculum adjustments.
- Are provided with intensive training in the Logical Letters method, followed by a supervised internship.
- Are characterized by sensitivity and a delight in working with children. They have a deep understanding and knowledge of the dyslexic individual’s processing style along with a mastery of the Logical Letters program itself.
- Collaborate with parents, schools and outside specialists to maximize success for their students.
- Keep up-to-date with professional literature and professional development conferences to incorporate new advances related to the field of dyslexia and language-based learning differences.
- Work closely with each student on a one-to-one basis to understand his/her unique issues and to adapt the program appropriately.
- Understand the great importance of developing the student/specialist relationship, based on support, trust, encouragement and mutual respect.
- Ensure that students learn not only to read and write, but to understand and own their dyslexia, allowing them to gain more confidence.